Monday, October 26, 2020

Julie and the Phantoms

First

I'm obsessed. Love the music and the show. 

Some questions
- is it coincident that Julie's mom (Rose) bought the boy's old studio? How did her band do when she was young? Was she inspired by Sunset Curve 

Observations 
-hating Alex's forced gayness. I like Alex except things like always dressing him in pink, saying that he cries too much or having him dance with the girls. I want Reggie up there dancing and owning it. 

I do like his flirtation with Willy. They pull that off in a way that feels natural. 

My favorite is Max from Happy Endings. He is natural about his sexuality without feeling forced. He makes jokes and hooks up but isn't stereotypical. 

-still weird having Luke and Julie flirt when Charlie Gillespie (Luke) is clearly older than her

Hoping for season 2
-I want Sunset Curve flashbacks. I want Rose flashbacks as an adult when they buy the house and her carefully putting all the boys instruments in the attic. I want Bobby to have courted Rose, like a lot and for Julie's dad to hate Bobby too. I want Rose to break up with Bobby for releasing My Name is Luke under his name. 
I want Flynn to shut up and sit down and play her role for exposition and support and stop whinning.
I want Caleb to have something more than just scare tactics 
I want Reggie to have been dying anyway so when he dies suddenly it was a relief to him because he know his cancer would bankrupt his parents. This one might be too heavy

No comments:

Post a Comment