Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chapter Ten - Blog Post 11

Mentoring Programs are killing me. I totally believe this, at work it seems like it's a boys club and people won't let women in. It reminds me of my little soap box about why women aren't funny. Female comedians don't do well unless they are more masculine. I feel like that's how it is at work, I can't get in unless I act more like a guy. I also feel like relationship status is a lot. When I was single I was a lot more well received by the other single men and maybe that's not fair but now that I'm in a committed relationship I am not longer spoken to by the guys I used to think were my friends. It feels so complicated. I feel very torn about mentoring programs. The people who give women and minorities opportunities need to be acknowledged. I especially like it when the book shows how successful programs can be.

Side Note: Love the term "Pink Collar" it's a great way to describe what I feel a lot of the time. My parents wanted me to go into education or the medical field, I still think they wonder why I'm a business major. I don't think they are trying to oppress me it's just what they are familiar with and what they think I would be successful with.

No comments:

Post a Comment